Friday 2 December 2011

Yorkshire Rose

The Yorkshire Rose, Huddersfield
Yesterday we went for a bit of lunch at the Yorkshire Rose in Huddersfield. I haven't been down there in a few months and I can't believe how much it has changed since my last visit. They have built a four storey Travel Lodge hotel in the grounds, and right next door to the Yorkshire Rose a new Costa coffee shop has sprung up. I used to walk past that corner every day as a child but never once thought that it would look anything like it does today.

A future BMW showroom
The whole area around the Yorkshire Rose looks as though it's being rejuvenated. Opposite the restaurant there used to be two public houses, one was the Spinners Arms and the other was the Market Tavern. The Market Tavern has now gone and they are in the process of building what I'm told is going to be a BMW showroom. Even the office block that once stood beside the Market Tavern has now gone. It looks like it's going to be a huge showroom.

And all this in a matter of months. I was under the impression that there are problems with economies throughout the world and that there is no money available. I was obviously wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment