Thursday 13 October 2011

Do You Really Want To Read This?

Isn’t it nice to wake up to the smell of bacon cooking, then going into the kitchen and hearing the sound of sausages sizzling in the pan. Isn’t it great to be able to wake up to a full English breakfast of bacon, eggs, sausage, beans, mushrooms, black pudding and hash browns? What better way to start the day is there? It really would be great to start the day like that, but unfortunately all I had for breakfast this morning was a bowl of cornflakes. I thought I’d put this picture on here so that you can drool too.

I’ve just been looking at some blogs that have either been abandoned or forgotten about and I read some of their last posts. Some of them posted that they are closing their blog down because no one reads them. Another said “no one I know reads blogs any longer.” If that’s the case then I’m not so sure that I’m looking at this ‘blogging’ thing right. I only know a handful of people with computers but I haven’t told any of them that I have a blog, so none of them are reading what I have to say. Is it really so important that others read your pages?

Up until now I’ve viewed a blog as a type of electronic diary, the only difference being that with a physical diary you can lock it in a drawer so that no one else can read it. With a blog it’s open to anyone. I can understand giving the address out if you wanted to keep friends or distant members of your family informed about what’s going on in your life, but I can’t see why complete strangers would be the slightest bit interested in my visit to a stately home, or what I did when I went to visit my daughter’s family.

These strangers are more than welcome to read what I have to say, but I don’t think I’d be upset if they didn’t want to. I wouldn’t be throwing my toys out of the pram because, as one of the posts on an abandoned blog said, “I spent thirty minutes writing one post and nobody could be bothered to read it.” I’m just enjoying it for what it is, something to occupy a bit of my time during the day (I know, I know. What a sad life this guy must have, you’re probably thinking, but hey, I’m not complaining).

Talking of filling in a bit of time, I went on a ‘gadget hunt’ yesterday. There’s lots of space in the columns at either side of my page so I thought I’d try and add a few gadgets to fill them up a bit. I didn’t find any of interest though so maybe I’ll have to leave that for another day.

Right! Now that I’ve spent ten minutes on this post I DEMAND that you all read it, otherwise I’m going to throw a tantrum until you do. I might even close my blog down if nobody reads it. J

Have a nice day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment