Sunday 9 October 2011

New Look Blog

After playing around with Blogger's new Dynamic Views the other day and finding that they were not fully customisable, I thought I'd play around with some of the other templates. Over the last couple of days (and nights) I've tried different layouts, different backgrounds, different formats, and different headers - some with pictures some without, and I've even tried all the available texts that I could use for the title, 'Charlie's Choice'.

I'm quite happy with the finished effort, even though the colours I have used are not what I would have imagined. Burnt orange and gold. Although I have to admit, putting the two together is quite pleasing to the eye. I like the extra column I have added too. Before, I only had the one column on the right hand side which was too narrow. Now I have two columns, the narrow one on the left and a much wider one on the right. This gives me plenty of room for all those gadgets and links and pictures that I have added.

It's been almost a month that I have been blogging now and I still keep coming back. Not just for my daily dose of typing practice, but to keep tweaking the page and giving it a new look, or adding new gadgets that I have found (like the super-cool revolving map and hit-counter that I've added today). It's been fun so far, but I wonder how long it will be before the novelty wears off and I stop visiting the site as often. I've noticed that there are a lot of blogs out there that have been left untouched for long periods, somehow I think that the novelty has certainly worn off for those people.

No comments:

Post a Comment