Friday 21 October 2011

It's A Hard Life

It's been another busy day today in the old codger's house. I opened two windows, moved a plate, AND fluffed a cushion up. Totally exhausted after all that, I had to lay down for a while. There's got to be an easier life than this. If any of you have any less strenuous jobs I could do, I'd be happy to come and work for you - I'm particularly good at making cups of tea.

To make matters even worse, I was in agony when I woke up this morning. My eyebrow was killing me! How can an eyebrow be painful? It's like saying, "my hair hurts". Luckily the pain eased off during the morning though. It's a good job it did too, I was coming to the end of my tether - I was about to call the emergency services.

I think that seeing as I've had such a hard and painful morning I should take it easy for the rest of the day - I'd hate to overdo things. Although I can't rest for too long, there's still loads of work to be done. I just know that I'm going to have to fill the kettle up later on, and at some stage I'm going to have to pick the mail up from the doormat. And I've got to change a battery in my clock, and..... oh no, where am I going to find the strength for all this?

No comments:

Post a Comment