Monday 7 November 2011

Dream On

Life isn’t about what you don’t have, it’s about making the most of what you do have. Happiness and contentment is something that we’d all like to achieve but it’s not all about material belongings. I bet there’s not a single person who has not wished for more in life; “If only I had the latest digital camera”, “I’d love a large screen TV”, or perhaps, “If I just had an iPhone then my life would be perfect”.

But do we really need them? Nine times out of ten we only want certain things simply because we don’t have them (or because someone else has them and we want one too), only once we have the latest Play Station or the latest Wii, it’s just going to be left lying in the drawer once the novelty has worn off. Besides, if we did get ‘this or that’ then there is always going to be something else that we long for and we just have to get.

I’ve just read those two paragraphs on someone else’s blog and the first thing I thought was, “What a load of bull!” Life would be pretty boring if no one wanted for anything, I want all of those things that they mentioned. I’ll probably never be able to get them, but there’s nothing wrong with me wishing that I had them – it’s good to dream.

And that's where I'm going right now. Seeing as I can’t afford a fancy digital camera, I think I’ll go surfing and drool over some of them online. Let’s see how much I could spend if I had the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment